Managing Director of Originations – Select U.S. and Canadian Markets
SCF, headquartered in Plano, TX, is a large-ticket commercial finance and leasing company established in 2015 to capitalize on the compelling industry dynamics and investment opportunities in the non-bank equipment finance market. As an Eldridge Industries (www.Eldridge.com) portfolio company, SCF is privately held, non-regulated, well capitalized and uniquely positioned for continued growth. SCF provides essential-use fixed asset secured loans and leases, in amounts typically between $5 - $50+ million, to companies in a wide variety of industries. With a primary geographic focus in North America and select other foreign jurisdictions, SCF goes to market through four distinct platforms: General Equipment, Aviation Capital, Rail Leasing, and Real Estate Group, a provider of SBA-supported capital solutions. At year-end 2017, SCF was the 37th largest leasing company, the 2nd largest private independent by originations and ranked 1st in volume per employee. To learn more about SCF, go to www.StonebriarCF.com.
SCF is looking for qualified professionals with a history of demonstrated success developing direct and referral source (private equity, investment banks, advisors, lending and leasing community, etc.) relationships to identify and close essential-use fixed asset secured loan and lease transactions. SCF primarily targets upper middle market to large corporate, ‘B’ rated and comparable non-rated companies with proven leadership, strong fundamentals and a sustainable position serving viable end-user markets.
Must have a comprehensive understanding of credit analysis, secured loan and lease structuring, and relative value pricing strategies. Seeking a confident and aggressive self-starter who is a team player, an innovative problem solver with the ability to manage multiple relationships and transactions at the same time. Must be detail oriented, resourceful, work well under pressure and have strong communication skills. The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic and a hunger for learning and achievement.
- Required: Undergraduate Degree – Accounting, Finance, Economics, or other Business concentration preferred
- Prefered: Graduate Degree – Master of Business Administration or Finance preferred
- Seven+ years of experience with a proven track record of successfully closing structured loan and lease transactions with businesses generating $100 million - $1+ billion in annual revenue.
Required Skills & Expectations:
- Conduct independent evaluation of all potential target markets, prospects and transactions.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients and referral sources.
- Ability to consistently source and close $50+ million in new funded volume annually.
- In-depth knowledge of tax, accounting, cash flow, balance sheet and P&L effects of leasing.
- Excellent verbal, negotiation, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated record of integrity and sense of personal and professional ethics.
- Strong and verifiable relationships with senior finance executives of direct prospects, private equity groups, investment banks, advisors, law and accounting firms, the lending and leasing community and other centers of influence.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Salesforce.com, SuperTrump, T-Value, S&P Capital IQ, D&B Hoovers, and HP 12c / 17bII.